Yummy! Comforting, fresh and amazingly tasty. A great meat-free option that is a perfectly easy weeknight meal. Enjoy!
Roasted Tomato Pesto over Angel Hair with Burrata
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pints grape / cherry tomatoes or 4 cups diced tomatoes roughly 1” in diameter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted, if desired
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb Angel hair pasta
- 1 container Burrata
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Start by preparing tomato pesto. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread tomatoes and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and salt. Lightly add black pepper. Mix with hands or spatula to evenly coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Once done cooking, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- When the tomatoes are almost done, start preparing the pasta. Heat a large stockpot of water over high heat. Generously salt. Once boiling, add pasta. Cook 4-5 minutes or until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare pesto. Set a few roasted tomatoes to the side to use for garnish. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining cooked tomatoes and garlic with pesto ingredients (through Parmesan cheese). Note, if there is excess juice from the tomatoes, you not want to add all the juice as the sauce may become too thin. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and thickness as needed.
- Use tongs to remove pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water. In a medium serving bowl, combine cooked pasta and half of tomato pesto. Mix to combine. Add more tomato pesto, depending on how thick you want the sauce. Any extra tomato pesto can be reserved for later use. Adding some reserve pasta water can also help thicken sauce.
- Plate pasta. Gently break up Burrata on top. Garnish with a few roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, red pepper flakes and drizzle of olive oil.