Our Roasted Tomato Pesto is always a hit! I love to keep a batch on hand for a quick meal. Look on our blog for some of our favorite (and popular!) recipes that use it including, Roasted Tomato Orzo with Burrata, Creamy Spaghetti Pie, Simple Tomato Pesto over Angel Hair and Roasted Tomato Pesto Crostini. Whatever you’re in the mood for, this won’t disappoint!
Roasted Tomato Pesto
- 2 pints grape / cherry tomatoes or 4 cups diced tomatoes roughly 1” in diameter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted, if desired
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread tomatoes and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and salt. Lightly add black pepper. Mix with hands or spatula to evenly coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Once done cooking, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooked tomatoes and garlic with pesto ingredients (through Parmesan cheese). Note, if there is excess juice from the tomatoes, you not want to add all the juice as the sauce may become too thin. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and thickness as needed.
- Perfect on pasta, orzo, crostini, pizza and so much more!