It’s no secret that we love tacos!! I’ll make them and eat them almost as often as I can! This game is a lighter, vegetarian taco that is packed with flavor!
Roasted Veggie Tacos with Cilantro Jalapeño Crema
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups cauliflower florets roughly 1 head
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 – 14.5 oz can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Avocado sliced
- Red cabbage shaved
- Fresh cilantro
- Cilantro jalapeño crema recipe below
Cilantro Jalapeño Crema:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1/2 jalapeno remove seeds if you want it less hot
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cauliflower, squash and beans on a baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and spices (paprika through pepper). Use a spatula to mix well and evenly coat. Spread into a even layer, trying to avoid crowding or stacking on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and let slightly cool.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for cilantro jalapeño crema and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly toast tortillas in a dry, nonstick skillet or over open flame for 30 seconds on each side, using tongs to flip.
- Build your tacos by layering sliced avocado on bottom of tortilla. Top with roasted cauliflower, squash and beans. Top with red cabbage and cilantro jalapeño crema.