An easy, fresh, healthy and super quick dinner that you can have on the table tonight! The salsa brings great summer flavors to this dish. A kid and adult pleaser!
Broiled Salmon with Strawberry Jalapeño Lime Salsa
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups strawberries stems removed and diced
- 1/2 medium jalapeño or 1 small seeds removed and diced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb salmon
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Prepare salsa by combining strawberries through lime in a small bowl. Set aside. It can also be made a few hours ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Cut salmon into individual filets. Place on a baking sheet, covered with foil. Drizzle oil lightly over each filet (about 1-2 tsp on each). Drizzle lemon juice lightly over each filet (about 1 tsp on each). Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle brown sugar lightly over each filet (about 1 Tbsp on each). Place directly under broiler for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve each salmon filet with dollop of salsa. Add a side couscous or rice and roasted vegetable. Also fantastic on a small salad.
- Any leftover salsa is great served with tortilla chips!