We know you love sheet pan dinners as much as we do. They are easy, healthy, delicious and usually mess-free. Our sausage and vegetables won’t disappoint. Flavorful and a crowd pleaser! Serve ‘as is’ for a high protein option or over rice for a heartier entree.
Sausage and Roasted Vegetables Sheet Pan
- 2 lbs sausage links in casing I like to use chicken sausage with a light flavoring
- 3-4 red yellow and orange bell peppers, sliced into 1” strips
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 1/2 lb fingerling potatoes halved
- 1/2 lb asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh herbs lightly chopped
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Slice peppers, onions, potatoes and asparagus. Place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix olive oil through paprika. Whisk well. Pour 3/4 of mixture over top of vegetables and toss well to coat. Set remaining oil mixture aside.
- Spread vegetables over baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Ensure vegetables aren’t crowded and if they are, split amongst two baking sheets.
- Lay peeled garlic cloves on small piece of foil. Coat with olive oil and wrap in foil. Nestle in center of vegetables.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove mixture from oven and toss vegetables. Nestle sausage links amongst vegetables and return to oven. Cook 15-20 more minutes. Turn sausage midway through.
- Remove from oven.
- Plate all vegetables and sausages on platter. Drizzle remaining olive oil mixture over top. Garnish with fresh herbs.