Wow! The response to our PB&J Sheet Pan Pancakes was phenomenal. You all loved the “make ahead” and “perfect for a crowd” elements and so do we! So, let’s flip to a savory option and get one for the adults! Short on time? Skip the first 4 ingredients and use some pre-cooked crumbled sausage.
Savory Sheet Pan Pancakes with Sausage and Cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 1/4 cups flour gluten free, if desired
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter, allowing it to melt. Once mostly melted, add onions and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add sausage. Use back of spoon or spatula to break up sausage. Cook 7-8 more minutes or until fully browned. Set aside and let cool while preparing batter.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 6 Tbsp butter.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with granulated sugar, eggs and milk.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl with dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to center and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Drain any excess liquid from cooled sausage mixture. Fold sausage mixture and shredded cheese into batter.
- Pour mixture into a half sheet pan (9 x 13) sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Serve with maple syrup, if desired. Extras can be saved in an airtight container for 3-4 days.