We were eager to try the Shaved Egg trend and a lightened up Cobb Salad was the perfect way to do it! Healthy, easy and fun, this one delighted our whole family. Topped with our “Go-To Herb Dressing,” give this one a try! Naturally gluten free, too!
Shaved Egg Cobb Salad
- 4 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados puts removed and sliced.
- 4 scallions chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Large handful fresh herbs basil, thyme and chives are our favorite or sub 1 Tbsp favorite dried herbs
- ¾ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chop all veggies and crumble bacon. Lightly sprinkle kosher salt on cut tomatoes.
- Plate salads with romaine on bottom and group remaining ingredients along plates including tomatoes, avocados, scallions, bacon and shredded mozzarella. Using a microplane, grate one hard boiled egg over each plate.
- Prepare dressing. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, finely chop herbs and garlic and whisk in a medium bowl with remaining ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
- Any extra dressing can be reserved in an airtight container for 3 days in refrigerator.