Still loving those salads that start in the oven. This is an elevated potato salad with a divine arugula walnut pesto. Mostly hands off and beautiful at the table! Get creative and add in any other veggies you’d like to roast.
Sheet Pan Potato Salad with Arugula Pesto
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes cut in half
- 1 head cauliflower stems and leaves removed and cut into florets
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 scallions chopped
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread potatoes and cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Using clean hands, toss to evenly coat. Try to spread veggies and beans into one layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare pesto. Combine arugula through red pepper flakes in a food processor. Through the feed tube, add olive oil until desired texture is reached (smooth but not too thin). Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Set aside.
- On a serving platter or bowl, spread arugula, basil and scallions. When vegetables are done roasting, remove them from baking sheet with a spatula. Add to platter or bowl with greens. The warmth of the veggies will slightly wilt the greens. Gently toss.
- Drizzle pesto over salad. Garnish with chives.