One of our absolute favorite pizzas! So simple and utterly delicious.
Shrimp Pesto Pizza
- Toss your favorite homemade or store bought pizza dough over pizza peel. Stretch to desired diameter, ensuring no breaks or holes in the dough.
- Add thin layer pesto, either store bought or homemade. (Check out our website for basil pesto and arugula walnut pesto recipes).
- Top generously with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, toss 8-10 pieces of jumbo shrimp with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and lemon juice. (I like to use frozen jumbo shrimp that is deveined, tails off, peeled and cooked. I defrost in fridge or run under water and pay dry before using).
- Add shrimp on top of cheese.
- Add 1-2 scallions that have been sliced.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer to baking stone or cook directly on oven surface (if using wood fired or Ooni). Bake in pizza oven or convection oven.
- Top with grated Parmesan and freshly grated lemon zest.
In our outdoor pizza oven with a temperature of roughly 800 degrees, the pizza cooks in 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Doneness is when cheese is melted and dough is golden brown.