A WOW appetizer! So, so easy and very healthy. Great for a high protein and gluten free option for guests that may want that. The yogurt herb sauce can easily be made ahead, making prep ultra quick!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites with Lemon Yogurt Herb Sauce
Servings: 36 bites
- 3 English cucumbers peeled
- 12 oz smoked salmon
Lemon Yogurt Herb Sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs such as dill, chives and parsley, minced
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Fresh dill and chives minced
- In a small bowl or food processor, combine ingredients for lemon yogurt herb sauce. Mix until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Slice cucumbers into 1”thick rounds. Each cucumber should divide into roughly 12 pieces. Lay out on platter.
- Top with dollop of yogurt herb sauce. Roll up small piece of smoked salmon, roughly 1” wide and 2” long and place on top of yogurt sauce. Push toothpick through to hold each bite in place. Repeat until all are done.
- Garnish with fresh chives and dill.
- If desired, extra sauce can be served on the side or saved for another use.
Makes 3 dozen