A brand new recipe coming at you for this meatless Monday! The creamiest, easiest sauce coats the perfect al dente pasta and topped with the creamiest Burrata you can find! Originally created out of necessity with a “what do we have in hand” question and now a favorite!
Spaghetti with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Burrata
- 1 15 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black peppers
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti gluten free if desired
- 1 cup basil pesto store bought or our recipe on the website
- 8 oz fresh Burrata
- Fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- While water is heating up, make red pepper sauce. Add the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Once pasta water is boiling, add spaghetti. Cook for 8-9 minutes or until very al dente – the pasta will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Using a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Once melted, add red pepper mixture, stir and bring to a simmer. Add heavy cream and parmesan, stir until smooth and bring to a simmer again.
- Drain al dente pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Transfer pasta to sauce and let simmer, adding a little pasta water if necessary, to loosen sauce. Cook 3-4 mins or until noodles are cooked. Once heated through, check for seasoning and adjust to taste. Spoon pasta into large serving platter and top with more dollops of basil pesto. Gently break Burrata over middle so each person can get some when serving. Top with grated parmesan, torn basil leaves, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil as desired.