So very good! Start the marinade in the morning and have a quick dinner on hand by evening. Amazing what you can create by just getting creative with what you have on hand.
Spice Rubbed Chicken with Green Jasmine Rice, Roasted Tomatoes and Chimichurri Sauce
Servings: 4 servings
Spice Rubbed Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp each: paprika cumin, garlic powder & onion powder
- 1 tsp each: cinnamon & oregano
- 1/2 tsp each chili powder & red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Pint of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- For chicken, combine all ingredients (chicken through honey) in gallon sized ziploc bag. Once sealed, work ingredients around in the bag to combine well. Allow to marinate in fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Using tongs, remove chicken from marinade and place directly on grill. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. (Depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, it could take slightly longer). Low and slow is the key on the grill for moist and tender chicken!
- Once chicken is done, prepare tomatoes. Heat a large skillet or cast iron pan over high heat. Add few tablespoons of olive oil, tomatoes and pinch of kosher salt. Cook 6-7 minutes or until nicely roasted. While cooking, move tomatoes around in pan to nicely coat and evenly cook. Some smaller tomatoes may start to pop.
- Serve with green jasmine rice and chimichurri sauce.