I LOVE avocado toast. I love it’s versatility, filling nature, amazing flavors and ease of prep. Adding in the chimichurri and red pepper chili oil gives it just a little kick!
Spicy Avocado Egg Toast
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp Boursin cheese
- 1/2 cup microgreens
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chimichurri store bought or our recipe below
- 2 tsp red pepper chili oil see below for my favs
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Chimichurri Sauce (Makes 1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups well packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup well packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ – ¾ cup olive oil
- Toast bread. Spread with Boursin cheese. Top with microgreens and sliced avocados. Drizzle very slightly with chimichurri. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Cook eggs to your liking. We chose fried eggs and lightly seasoned with kosher salt and pepper.
- Top bread with eggs. Drizzle more chimichurri and red pepper chili oil over top. Serve immediately.
- Finely mince shallot and garlic and add to a medium bowl with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper, salt, and ½ C of olive oil.
- Very finely chop parsley, cilantro, and oregano and add to shallot mixture. Stir to combine, adding up to ¼ C more olive oil if chimichurri needs to be loosened. Let sit at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving to encourage flavors to meld together. Extra chimichurri can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and is best used within 2 days.
If you don’t have cheese on hand or want to make a dairy free option, swap out the Boursin cheese for some garlic hummus. Fantastic! Serves 1-2