Not too sweet and just the right amount of spice! Perfect for the Big Game with friends or with a big bowl of chips and salsa!
Skinny Spicy Margarita
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cans Topo Chico or favorite sparkling water
- 1- 1 1/2 cups of tequila
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 1 serving of simple syrup 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar
- Fresh lemon and limes quartered
- Jalapeño sliced
- 3-4 cups of ice
- Chili Lime rim salt or regular margarita salt
- Add 1 cup of water to small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add sugar and turn heat down to a low simmer. Cook until sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally. Cool.
- While simple sugar is cooking, prepare rest of margarita. Add Topo Chico or your favorite sparkling water, tequila and lime juice to a large pitcher.
- When simple sugar is done and cooled, add to pitcher. Mix all ingredients well. Add quartered lemons, limes and sliced jalapeños. Note, if you want it less spicy, remove seeds from jalapeños.
- Add ice and stir well.
- With two small bowls, fill one bowl with about an inch of water and another bowl with your chile lime salt. Dip your glass upside down into the water bowl to wet the rim. Immediately dip into salt to rim.
- Pour margarita in glass and enjoy!