A wonderful game day meal or weeknight dinner! We love this one for is ease of prep and versatility! Short on time? Swap rotisserie chicken. What vegetarian? Omit the meat. The creamy beans aren’t to be missed!
Stacked Tostadas with Creamy Beans
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey chicken or sausage (sub 4 cups rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tsp each paprika cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 8 tostada shells or corn tortillas
- Crumbled cotija
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomatoes diced
- Green onions diced
- 4 eggs cooked, fried or over-easy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat butter over medium heat. As butter starts to melt, add garlic and shallot. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add beans and spices. Mix well. Using the back of a spatula or spoon, gently mash majority beans. Cover and turn down to low. Let flavors meld while making rest of dish.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add meat and spices. Cook 7-8 minutes or until fully cooked. If using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, add spices and heat just until warm in pan.
- If using corn tortillas, lightly toast those in a dry, nonstick skillet or over open flame for 30 seconds on each side, using tongs to flip.
- Add sour cream to bean mixture. Gently mix until creamy.
- Prepare stacks on a nonstick baking sheet. Lay out 4 tortillas or tostadas. Spread thin layer of bean mixture over each. Top with thin layer of meat and shredded cheese. Top with another tortilla or tostada shell and repeat layers of beans, meat and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes at the end.
- Serve with desired toppings, including fried or over easy egg, if desired.