It doesn’t matter if I double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe…it’s always gone so quickly! A fast, easy and healthy lunch option! Great to make ahead and use for weekly lunches for you or kids. Serve in over lettuce, in lettuce cups, on bread or with gluten free crackers. I often double this recipe and it flies around here – school lunches, work from home lunch, after practice snack and really anything in between! High in protein and low in carbs! Ask any of our teenage girls and they will tell you this is a hands down favorite.
Summer Chicken Salad
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt I prefer 2% or 5% milk fat vs fat free
- 2/3 cup avocado mayo
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded chicken I love to use Rotisserie chicken
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2/3 apple diced
- 2/3 cup grapes halved
- 1/3 cup roasted slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine chicken through almonds.
- In a small bowl, first six ingredients (through lemon juice). Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients over chicken mixture. Use a spatula to combine and coat. Don’t overmix.
- Serve chicken salad on toasted bread or lettuce cups. Also great served with crackers for dipping. Refrigerate leftover mixture for 2-3 days in airtight container.