A quintessential summer salad. The freshest tomatoes make all the difference here. Great as an appetizer, main entree for lunch or side salad with a protein. Enjoy!
Summer Heirloom Tomato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 large heirloom tomatoes
- 2 logs fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- Fresh basil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients for basil vinaigrette in a food processor. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into thin slices. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Lay tomatoes and mozzarella slices on a platter, alternating the two layered on each other. Tuck basil leaves in between. Season with black pepper.
- Drizzle basil vinaigrette over top of salad. Note, recipe will make extra vinaigrette that can be stored for another use. Great in salads! Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.