A perfect addition to any meal! Great as a side dish for burger night or as a potluck addition. Easy, flavorful and crowd-pleasing!
Summer Pasta Salad
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb bow tie pasta sub gluten free, if desired
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken sausage links sliced
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 bell peppers seeds and stem removed and diced
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano or basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat a large stockpot over high heat and bring to a boil. Generously salt the water. Once boiling, add pasta and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add sausage and bacon. Cook 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain any extra oil and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to mixing bowl, along with diced peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining next seven ingredients, mayonnaise through pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Using a spatula, mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes and serve.
Serves 6-8 (as a side dish)