Peach Week Continues 🍑🍑 Summer Peach Panzanella Salad • Looking for that perfect salad for the warmer weather? Look no further! A Panzanella salad typically features crusty bread, fresh tomatoes, onions and any of your favorite flavors of the season. This one comes together quickly and can be a perfect side salad or vegetarian main dish. You can also easily add a protein for a heartier main entree.
Summer Peach Panzanella Salad
- 1 loaf French bread halved and quartered into 1” cubes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 peaches quartered
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese pearls mini balls
- 1 bulb fennel cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red onion cut into thin slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to broil. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss to coat. Place directly under broiler until browned and crusty, roughly 4-5 minutes. Note, watch closely as it can burn in seconds. Once done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium heat. Cook quartered peaches for 7-8 minutes or until slightly softened. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into smaller pieces. (Note, if you’re short on time, you can skip grilling the peaches and just cube up raw).
- In a large salad bowl, combine mozzarella cheese through fresh basil. Add cooled peaches and bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for lemon vinaigrette. Whisk to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss very gently to combine.
- Top salad with any extra fennel fronds or basil, roughly chopped, for garnish.