Alright folks, your delicious, easy and healthy summer salad is here. On the table in less than 10 minutes!
Summer Salmon and Arugula Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 – 4 oz salmon filets
- 1 bunch baby asparagus trimmed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 8 cups arugula
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs chopped
- Preheat oven to broil. Position rack directly below broiler.
- Using a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet, lay salmon fillets in single layer in center of pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay trimmed asparagus over salmon. (Note: if you have thicker asparagus, you may need to cut them in half to cook more quickly and evenly with salmon). Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over top. Place directly under broiler for 5 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 dressing and arugula. Toss. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Remove salmon and asparagus from oven. Squeeze remaining 1/2 lemon over top. Add asparagus to salad. Break salmon up into pieces and add to salad. Gently toss all ingredients. Drizzle a bit more dressing over top and reserve some for individual plates as desired. Break up goat cheese over top and serve.