The kiddos went to the Farmer’s Market this weekend and brought me home some yummy goodies. I tossed up a beautiful salad full of golden colored veggies and fruit. The blend of sweet summer corn, sweet sun gold yellow tomatoes and sweet mango is just perfect! Keep the dressing super light and let the ingredients shine.
Summer Gold Salad
- 4 ears corn husked and cleaned
- 1 pint yellow sun sugar or sun golden grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 1 mango chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage into corn until well covered.
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Cook corn for 15 minutes, turning once midway through.
- While corn is cooking, prepare remainder of salad. Mix chopped sliced tomatoes, parsley, garlic, shallot, jalapeño and mango in a medium bowl.
- Add like zest and juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and maple syrup to salad. Gently toss.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool slightly.
- Shave kernels off of cob and add to salad mixture. Gently toss again. Plate on serving platter. Garnish with crumbled cotija cheese and extra fresh herbs or microgreens.