Busy work week meant crockpots and planning ahead. This is always a crowd pleaser and is a flavorful twist on a traditional chicken noodle soup.
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 5 medium heirloom carrots multi-color, if possible, chopped
- 2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar 4 oz red curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce sub coco aminos for paleo
- 1 Tbsp sugar sub coconut or palm sugar
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles I like Thai Kitchen brand
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut milk, lime, and rice vermicelli to your crock pot and stir together. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the coconut milk and whisk until there are no clumps or solid pieces. Let the coconut milk warm for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Place the uncooked brown rice noodles in the top of the crockpot and press under liquid. Cover crockpot and allow noodles to cook in warm soup for 8-10 minutes.
- Scoop Thai soup into bowls ensuring each bowl has noodles, chicken and vegetables. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top if desired.