A most delicious and easy steak entree to please your entire crowd. Great server over jasmine rice, our coconut lime rice, sautéed vegetables or even rice noodles. Save extra for leftovers as it reheats nicely. Start this one in the morning, letting the steak marinate most of the day and have a quick and easy prep when meal time rolls around.
Thai Chile Marinated Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp harissa or Thai chili garlic paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- ¼ cup of Coconut Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 2.5 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp harissa or Thai chili garlic paste
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- Combine marinade ingredients and whisk well. Pour over steak in gallon sized bag or shallow baking dish. Work around to cover as much of steak as possible.
- Marinade steak in sauce for 3-6 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Lay on cutting board. Add 1” hash marks randomly on both sides to cook evenly.
- Heat cast iron pan or other large skillet over medium high heat. Add small amount of oil to pan. Place steak in cast iron skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip and repeat for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Whisk together ingredients for sauce. This can be served room temperature or slightly heated and reduced down, if desired.
- Serve steak over jasmine rice. Top with sauce. Garnish with cilantro and scallions. Add lime wedges if desired.