It doesn’t get much easier than this! Whether working from home and looking for a quick (and healthy) lunch or looking for an easy BFD (breakfast for dinner), this is your answer! Fun for kids to help cook and eat – we know this will be a hit!
Toad in the Hole with Avocados and Tomatoes
- 2 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato diced into large chunks
- 1/2 avocado diced into large chunks
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Dried basil
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Butter both sides of both slices of toast.
- Using a biscuit cutter or knife, cut a 2-3” in diameter circle out of center of bread.
- Crack each egg into small bowl or ramekin (separately). Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Lightly brown first side of toast, roughly 3-4 minutes. Flip and brown other side. Gently add egg to center of toast. Cover skillet and allow egg to cook and set, roughly 5 minutes. Do not flip again.
- Gently remove toast from skillet and plate. Top with pinch of salt, pepper and dried basil. Add crumbled cheese.
- Serve with avocado and tomato.