Quite possibly the easiest appetizer you can make! Quick and tasty, too! The freshest tomatoes, basil and fresh garlic are key. There aren’t usually leftovers in our house, but if there are, the bruschetta is great served with eggs for breakfast.
Tomato Bruschetta with Crostini
- 1 1/4 lbs roma tomatoes roughly 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves julienned
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine Roma tomatoes through balsamic in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Slice baguette into 1/2” thick rounds. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Serve bruschetta and crostini.