The freshest, easiest, summer salad there ever was. When you choose the best ingredients, the rest is easy. Want to get extra crazy? Toss in some cubed, seedless watermelon.
Tomato Burrata Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber seedless, skin peeled and cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup colorful grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz Burrata cheese ball or two 4 oz balls
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh herbs dill, chives and basil, torn
- Place cut tomatoes (heirloom and grape) and cucumber on a large platter, mixing up for color. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Note, by salting the tomatoes and cucumbers directly before adding any oil, you will bring out the natural juices and flavors. Always season along the way! (If you add watermelon, do it now!)
- Break up Burrata and place amongst tomatoes and cucumber. You may want to tuck some cheese under the tomatoes for presentation and serving. Lightly drizzle olive oil over top.
- Sprinkle generously with fresh herbs. I find it easiest to tear the herbs with your hands as to not crush the herbs.
Serves 4-6 as side salad