Easily a top 5 meal in our house! This meal is easy, easy, easy and leftovers can be made into fish taco bowls. Healthy, fast and flavorful!
Tortilla Crusted Fish Tacos with Spicy Avocado Cream
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb cod or tilapia filets
- 3 oz tortilla chips crushed to make 1 cup crumbs
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
Spicy Avocado Crema:
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Dash of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped, seeds removed if desired for less heat
- Red cabbage shredded
- Cotija cheese crumbled
- Cilantro roughly chopped
- Scallions diced
- Sriracha aioli or hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine taco seasoning and tortilla crumbs in a shallow bowl and prepare a baking sheet by spraying with non stick cooking spray.
- Pat cod pieces dry with paper towels. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, tossing them gently with hands or a spatula to coat evenly. Working in batches, place a few pieces of cod into the bowl with tortilla chip crumbs and press crumbs into fish to form a coating all around each piece.
- Place coated fish pieces in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray each piece with cooking spray. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until pieces are cooked through and light golden brown.
- While fish is cooking, combine all ingredients for avocado cream in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Once fish is done cooking, break up fish with spatula into smaller pieces. It should easily crumble.
- Place fish and toppings in bowls and allow everyone to build a taco to their liking! If desired, serve with a side of Spanish rice or beans.
Note: Costco has an amazing Tortilla Crusted Tilapia in a box in their freezer section. Those are amazing to have in hand and a great shortcut here!