This isn’t your grandma’s tuna salad. Over 20g of protein per serving and full of great flavor, crisp veggies and filling ingredients for a quick and healthy lunch.
Healthy Tuna Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or avocado mayonnaise
- 1 small avocado
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4 cans white tuna fish packed in water drained
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 large English cucumber peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh dill minced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives sliced
- 4-6 slices whole wheat bread gluten free, if desired
- Fresh dill
- In a food processor, combine greek yogurt, mayonnaise, avocado, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt mixture with remaining ingredients (through green olives). Gently mix well to combine. Taste and season as needed with additional salt and pepper.
- Toast bread. Assemble open faced sandwich by topping bread with microgreens and tuna mixture. Top with fresh dill and capers.
- Serve with fruit or chips.