Valentine’s Day Dessert, Kid Style • Chocolate Chip Heart Puffs, Dipped in Chocolate and Sprinkles. Simply took our favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and baked them in heart shaped silicon trays. Let cool, dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with favorite decorations. Chill for 5 minutes or just until dipped chocolate hardens. Needless to say, our plate was gone immediately. And, gluten free and no one knew! Enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Dipped Heart Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Xanthum gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 12 oz melted chocolate for dipping
- Sprinkles or finishing sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature. You don’t want melted butter from the microwave, just softened to the touch.
- Combine butter and sugars with mixer or food processor until they form a nice whipped mixture. Add 1 egg at a time and continue to mix. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, Xanthum gum and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture until well combined. Add chocolate chips and combine slowly. Be sure to not overmix.
- Spray silicon heart trays with non-stick spray. Press batter into trays, making sure to fill out shape but not overfilling.
- Cook 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to fully cool on wire baking rack.
- Flip out of silicon tray once cooled. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Lay flat on cookie sheet and sprinkle with colorful decorations (we used red, white and silver sprinkles and sugar). Chill 5 minutes or just until dipped chocolate hardens.