A fun and easy twist on your normal breakfast sandwich. A slight bit of sweetness with a savory omelet pair together beautifully. The fun waffle maker is a perfect option for Valentine’s Day. (Our waffle maker was only $9.99 on Amazon!)
Waffle Egg Sandwich
- 1 cup favorite pancake/waffle batter prepare according to package instructions
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups baby spinach stems removed
- 4 Tbsp lemon garlic aioli store bought
- Using a waffle maker, make 4 waffles, using 1/4 cup of batter for each. We used a fun heart shaped waffle maker for Valentine’s Day.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add half of spinach, cooking until slightly wilted. Turn heat down to low until ready to add eggs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper, heavy cream and grated cheese. Whisk well. Place half of mixture in the nonstick pan. Loosen around the edges and cook 5-6 minutes. When omelet is nearly set, fold in half and then in quarters. Add a bit more grated cheese to top, if desired. Set aside. Repeat with remaining egg mixture to make a second omelette.
- Spread aïoli on one side of each cooked waffle. Prepare egg sandwich layering one waffle (spread with aïoli), folded omelette and top of waffle, also spread with aïoli. Drizzle with syrup and serve.
- Note, if time permits, check out our “Monday Morning Waffle” recipe and our “Lemon Garlic Aioli” recipe, both available on our website.