We all love a good margarita! Want to know how to make it better? Use fresh, seasonal watermelon for a crisp drink! Better yet? Make them able to be stored in the freezer so they are ready on demand. The alcohol won’t allow the mixture to fully freeze. Looking for a mocktail? Use lime flavored sparkling water. Note, the mocktail version will freeze so better to store in the fridge.
Freezer Watermelon Lime Margaritas
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 ½ cups high quality tequila
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup simple syrup equal parts granulated sugar & water
- To Serve:
- Granulated sugar
- Lime wedge
- Fresh mint
- Jalapeno slice optional
- Add watermelon to the blender and puree until smooth. Strain juice in batches by lining a strainer with a few pieces of paper towel and slowly pouring watermelon puree through the strainer, into a bowl or glass measuring cup.
- In a glass pitcher with a firm lid, roughly 1 Liter or 33 ounces in volume, combine juice from watermelon with tequila, lime juice and simple syrup. Leave at least 1” at top of pitcher. Firmly cover the pitcher and shake well to mix. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
- Serve in medium glass with sugared rim, lime wedge or slice and fresh mint. If desired, sliced jalapeno can be added for a bit of heat.