If you haven’t had candied bacon in your life, are you really even living? I think not. This wedge salad is fantastic. It comes together quickly and is very easy. Top with your favorite protein for a filling meal (we chose broiled salmon —> swipe to see!)
Wedge Salad with Candied Bacon
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- Brown sugar
- Grill seasoning
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 avocados pits removed and sliced
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or silicon baking mat. Place a wire rack on tray over foil or mat. Line bacon on wire rack. Sprinkle with brown sugar and grill seasoning. Cook for 25 minutes or until crispy. Once cooked, use tongs and place bacon on paper towels to drain and cool.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place in a small bowl. Slice red onions into thin strips or rings and add to bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Gently mix and let sit.
- Slice Bibb lettuce heads lengthwise and lay on serving platter, center side up. Sprinkle tomatoes, avocado and onion on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle with dressing.
- Chop up bacon once cooled and sprinkle on salad.
- Serve 1 wedge plus toppings per person.