It truly doesn’t get easier than this! An appetizer that comes together in less than 10 minutes and packs a big punch of flavor and elegance. Perfect with fresh summer fruit and a great red-white-and-blue addition to your 4th of July table!
Whipped Goat Cheese and Berry Crostini
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled or log, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Baguette sliced
- 1 cup strawberrries stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- Balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil or mint
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and bake 4-5 minutes.
- While baguette is baking, make goat cheese mixture. Combine room temperature goat cheese and sour cream in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Note that having the goat cheese at room temperature will help with smoothness of the mixture.
- Spread baguette on serving tray or charcuterie board. Top baguette with thin layer of goat cheese mixture. Top with sliced strawberries and blackberries in a single layer.
- Drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze. (Note, balsamic glaze can be purchased in the store. This is a thicker, reduced down version of balsamic vinegar that has a slight sweetness to it).
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil or mint and serve.