It’s almost GAME DAY! Let’s treat our family and friends to a favorite appetizer that’s perfect for football! Our white bean crostini is easy, quick and healthy! Kids and adults gobbled this one up. Bean mixture can be made up to a day ahead of time and topped on crostini when ready to serve. Enjoy!
White Bean Crostini
- 2 cans cannellini or white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion or shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 baguette loaf
- Olive oil
- Finishing salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine beans and onion or shallot in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing (garlic through olive oil). Pour dressing over beans and onion. Gentle mix to combine. Note, you also combine all ingredients (beans through olive oil) in a mason jar with a lid and shake to combine.
- Slice baguette into 1/2” to 1” slices. Drizzle with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each baguette with a scoop of the bean mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with finish salt. Add extra parsley for garnish, as desired. Serve.