Wonderfully flavorful and delicious! A rainy day here makes me crave a tasty and warm soup! Our White Bean Soup is perfect to prepare ahead for mid-week meals or to dish up for a weekend lunch can. Omit the pancetta and you have an easily vegetarian meal. Naturally dairy free.
White Bean Soup with Pancetta and Harissa
- 4 oz pancetta diced
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced into 1/4” rounds
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz Israeli couscous
- 2 cans white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup harissa sauce adjust depending on spiciness
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Heat a large stockpot over medium high heat. Brown pancetta, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick or burn. Once browned, turn heat to low. Using a slotted spoon, remove pancetta from pan and put aside in a small bowl.
- Add oil, onions and garlic to stockpot. Turn heat back up to medium high. Cook 3-5 minutes. Add salt through celery. Cook 3-5 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low. Add couscous and white beans and place lid on stockpot. Cook 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, harissa and lemon juice. Whisk well to combine. Pour into soup shortly before beans and couscous are done cooking. Stir well to combine.
- Serve soup with cooked pancetta on top. Drizzle with olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper.