A salad in the oven? A salad in the winter? Yes and yes! We love the idea of expanding easy sheet pan meals into the salad space. It’s hands off, healthy and easy! Swap out with any of your favorite veggies to roast and make it all yours!
Winter Sheet Pan Salad
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower stem removed and cut into florets
- 1 butternut or delicata squash chopped (peeled if butternut)
- 2 shallots roughly chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Dried basil
- 16 oz bag baby arugula
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread first 5 ingredients (through garbanzo beans) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt and dried basil. Using clean hands, toss to evenly coat. Try to spread veggies and beans into one layer. Use two baking sheets, if necessary.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add arugula and dried cranberries. When vegetables and beans are done roasting, remove them from baking sheet with a spatula. Add to bowl with arugula. The warmth of the veggies will slightly wilt the arugula. Gently toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Drizzle dressing over top of salad and sprinkle feta on top. Gently toss once more and serve.