This is an easy and healthy, protein-packed recipe for breakfast or a snack. Make the crunchy quinoa ahead of time and save for multiple recipes.
Yogurt Protein Bowl
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond butter slightly softened
- 4 Tbsp crunchy quinoa
- Honey to drizzle roughly 2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small saucepan, heat water or broth. Once boiling, add quinoa and cook for 10-15 minutes on low or until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Spread cooked quinoa in a thin layer covering the cookie sheet. Cook at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Once quinoa is a golden brown and crunchy texture, remove from oven and let cool.
- Note that you will only need a small portion of this for the breakfast bowl recipe. The rest can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks. Great on salads for an extra crunch. (See our Kale and Mango Salad with Crunchy Quinoa and Lemon Tahini Dressing).
- Heat almond butter in small ramekin for 30-60 seconds. You are looking for a soft texture, not bubbling or hot. Mix with spoon to soften. Move quickly to build bowl so almond butter doesn’t harden.
- In bottom of small bowl, place yogurt. Drizzle 1 Tbsp honey over yogurt. This will help toppings stick and stay in place (swipe for additional picture). Begin to line toppings neatly on top of yogurt. Start from left side with approximately 2 Tbsp of crunchy quinoa. Next, lay blueberries in two rows. Next drizzle softened almond butter down the middle. Now lay raspberries in two rows. Finish with 2 Tbsp of crunchy quinoa along right side of bowl. Finally, drizzle top of bowl with remaining honey. Serve immediately.